The link below is to the IPHA (Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association) who represent the international research based pharmaceutical industry in Ireland.
The pharmaceutical industry in Ireland today:
- Currently generates over 50 percent of the country’s exports contributing to making Ireland the largest net exporter of medicines in the world.
- Maintains substantial operations belonging to 9 of the top 10 companies in the world.
- Manufactures 5 of the world’s top 12 medicines.
- Directly employs over 24,500 people, over half of which are third level graduates.
- Employs another 24,500 people in the provision services to the sector.
- Has invested over €7 billion in Ireland over the decade and according to IDA Ireland the replacement value of the investment by the pharmaceutical sector in the Irish economy is over €40 billion.
The link below is to a nice presentation about the industry in Ireland today: